Commissioners Approve 2015 Preliminary Budget
UPDATE: This preliminary budget is superseded by the final budget adopted by the Board of Commissioners on December 17, 2014.
Click here for details
The format of the proposed budget is a significant departure from prior years budgets in that it provides the 2015 budget in the framework of a multi-year budget. This multi-year framework provides the Board and public with information on the future impact of decisions that are proposed to be made in 2015. The budget is also structured with a number of different funds
to provide the Board and public with easy to understand information.
The 2015 budget provides for a continuation of the existing services, infrastructure improvements, and equipment replacement while maintaining a significant reserve fund and maintaining the current real estate tax and sanitation fee level.
In summary, the 2015 budget provides for:
- No tax increase
- No sanitation fee increase
- Reduction in building permit fees
- Twice a week trash collections in the summer
- Expanded recreation programming
- Expanded road maintenance program
- Expanded storm sewer maintenance program
- Vehicle rcplacemeiit for Police and Public Works