Aston Township, Delaware County PA

Building / Code Department

All permits are the responsibility of the property owner.
Permits MUST be posted prior to the start of the work.

On December 17, 2014 the Township Board of Commissioners adopted a new Code Enforcement Fee Schedule for 2015. Click below to download this document:

2015 Code Enforcement Fee Schedule
Version: 4.1.15
128.6 KiB


Monday through Friday: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed


Department Staff

 Position  Personnel  Phone  E-Mail
Building Code Official Bob Ellis (610) 494-0384
Secretary Eileen Bailey (610) 494-0384
Secretary Janice Misci (610) 494-0384
Building Inspector/
Code Enforcement Officer
John Pili (610) 494-0384


Commercial Permit Applications

Residential Permit Applications

General Forms & Applications


Building / Code Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a permit to install Solar Panels?

Yes! A permit is required for installation, alteration, repair or removal of a solar panel, solar panel array or solar power system components. In addition, when installing roof-top solar panels or free standing solar panels, all installations will require site inspection and plan review for compliance with International Residential Code 2009 Chapter 23, the International Building Code 2009 and the NEC 2008 for Commercial standards, prior to issuance of a building permit. Please review our Solar Array Plan Review Requirements for more information. 

Solar Array Plan Review Requirements (73.3 KiB)

What do I do if I notice a vacant home?

If you have a concern and believe a property to be vacant please contact the Code Department immediately at 610-494-0384. 

How much does a residential permit cost?

Permit fees for residential construction/alterations are listed at the top of each permit application.  We extend a discount to residents over the age of 62 years of age, and widows and widowers age 50 and over.  This discount is available once per calendar year and eliminates the permit fee for work performed up to $10,00.00.

Plumbing, Electrical and HVAC permit fees are 3% of the total cost.

What work do I need a Building / Code permit for?

Permits are required for any alteration, repair, replacement, removal of any building or structure, driveways, sidewalks and curbing, retaining walls, sheds, fences, and such per the Aston Township Ordinance.  This excludes painting, carpet, flooring, and interior surface work.