Building / Code Department
All permits are the responsibility of the property owner.
Permits MUST be posted prior to the start of the work.
On December 17, 2014 the Township Board of Commissioners adopted a new Code Enforcement Fee Schedule for 2015. Click below to download this document:
BUILDING / CODE DEPARTMENT WINDOW SERVICE HOURS
|Monday through Friday:||8:30 am to 4:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday:||Closed|
ALL OTHER HOURS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
|Building Code Official||Bob Ellis||(610) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Eileen Bailey||(610) email@example.com|
|Secretary||Janice Misci||(610) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Code Enforcement Officer
|John Pili||(610) email@example.com|
Commercial Permit Applications
- Commercial Accessibility Permit
- Commercial Building Permit
- Commercial Construction/Alteration Plan Submission
- Commercial Contractor Registration Application
- Commercial Electrical Permit
- Commercial Fence Permit
- Commercial HVAC Permit
- Commercial Plumbing Permit
- Procedure For Submission of Cell Towers Review
- Solar Array Plan Review Requirements
Residential Permit Applications
- Residential Building Permit
- Residential Construction/Alteration Plan Submission
- Residential Deck Permit
- Residential Electrical Permit
- Residential Fence Permit
- Residential HVAC Permit
- Residential Plumbing Permit
- Residential Pool Permit
General Forms & Applications
- Certificate of Occupancy - Commercial Application
- Certificate Of Occupancy - Residential Application
- Certificate Of Occupancy - Inspection Sheet
- Certificate of Occupancy - Rental Application
- Rental License Property Inspection Sheet
- Workers Compensation Release Form
- Right To Know - Request Form
- Escrow Account Form - Building
- Escrow Account Form - CO
Building / Code Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! A permit is required for installation, alteration, repair or removal of a solar panel, solar panel array or solar power system components. In addition, when installing roof-top solar panels or free standing solar panels, all installations will require site inspection and plan review for compliance with International Residential Code 2009 Chapter 23, the International Building Code 2009 and the NEC 2008 for Commercial standards, prior to issuance of a building permit. Please review our Solar Array Plan Review Requirements for more information.
Solar Array Plan Review Requirements (73.3 KiB)
If you have a concern and believe a property to be vacant please contact the Code Department immediately at 610-494-0384.
Permit fees for residential construction/alterations are listed at the top of each permit application. We extend a discount to residents over the age of 62 years of age, and widows and widowers age 50 and over. This discount is available once per calendar year and eliminates the permit fee for work performed up to $10,00.00.
Plumbing, Electrical and HVAC permit fees are 3% of the total cost.
Permits are required for any alteration, repair, replacement, removal of any building or structure, driveways, sidewalks and curbing, retaining walls, sheds, fences, and such per the Aston Township Ordinance. This excludes painting, carpet, flooring, and interior surface work.