ASTON TOWNSHIP GOES
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING
Single Stream Recycling means we collect ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AT THE SAME TIME
- Clear Glass
- Aluminum Cans
- Plastic #1, #2, #4, #5, & #7
- Green Glass
- Bi-Metal Cans
- Brown Glass
- Cardboard Boxes
- Cardboard Containers
* Please place the newspapers along side the Recycling Can – NOT IN IT!!
Click the button for a residential guide to zero-sort recycling
Trash & Recycling Rules & Regulations
Trash and Single Stream Recycling will be collected EVERY WEEK on your normal trash day as indicated below. (The recycling collection, at the curbside, is mandated by PA under Act 101.)
- ALL garbage and trash must be properly wrapped or bagged for collection.
- ALL cans or bags shall be placed at the curb prior to 6:00am on your scheduled day.
- ALL shrubbery and clippings must be tied in bundles and no longer than three feet (3′) in length.
- ALL leaves must be bagged in paper bags. NO plastic bags filled with leaves will be collected.
Recycling Drop Off at Township Public Works Area:
The Township Public Works Department has a recycling collection area in the rear of the Aston Township Municipal Building for the following items:
- Clear glass, brown glass, green glass (no plate glass please), aluminum cans only
- NO plastics
- NO used oil *
Most auto parts retailers and vehicle repair shops will accept used motor oil for recycling.
- NO newspaper *
Newspaper may be included in your curbside recycling. Please place along side of your recycle container at the curb. Do not place newspaper in your recycle can.
* The township is no longer accepting used oil or newspapers at the Public Works Department drop off location. This change has been noted at the drop off location. Improperly disposing or dropping off oil on the township property is illegal and may result in being cited for environmental violations. We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
ALL RECYLCING MUST BE PLACED IN A RECYLCING BIN OR A BROWN PAPER BAG. PLASTIC BAGS ARE NOT RECYCLABLE AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO TRASH MAY BE MIXED WITH RECYCLING, IF THE TOWNSHIP IS ASSESSED A FEE. IF KNOWN, THE RESIDENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FEE WILL BE CITED.
Single Stream Recycling Collection Schedule