ASTON TOWNSHIP GOES
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING
Single Stream Recycling means we collect ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AT THE SAME TIME
- Clear Glass
- Aluminum Cans
- Plastic #1, #2, #4, #5, & #7
- Green Glass
- Bi-Metal Cans
- Brown Glass
- Cardboard Boxes
- Cardboard Containers
* Please place the newspapers along side the Recycling Can – NOT IN IT!!
Click the button for a residential guide to zero-sort recycling
Trash & Recycling Rules & Regulations
- ALL garbage and trash must be properly wrapped or bagged for collection.
- ALL cans or bags shall be placed at the curb prior to 6:00am on your scheduled day.
- ALL shrubbery and clippings must be tied in bundles and no longer than three feet (3′) in length.
- ALL leaves must be bagged in paper bags. NO plastic bags filled with leaves will be collected.
Trash and Single Stream Recycling will be collected EVERY WEEK on your normal trash day as indicated below. (The recycling collection, at the curbside, is mandated by PA under Act 101.)
Recycling Drop Off at Township Public Works Area:
The Township Public Works Department has a recycling collection area in the rear of the Aston Township Municipal Building for the following items:
- Newspaper, clear glass, brown glass, green glass (no plate glass please), aluminum cans only, used motor oil (please place in tank – Used Motor Oil Only)
- NO antifreeze and NO plastics PLEASE
- Beginning November 1st. the Township is no longer accepting oil drop off in the rear of the Public Works Department. This change has been noted in the drop off location for weeks, advising the public of this change. Anyone found disposing or dropping off oil illegally will be cited for doing so. We thank you for your understanding going forward with this matter.
ALL RECYLCING MUST BE PLACED IN A RECYLCING BIN OR A BROWN PAPER BAG. PLASTIC BAGS ARE NOT RECYCLABLE AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO TRASH MAY BE MIXED WITH RECYCLING, IF THE TOWNSHIP IS ASSESSED A FEE. IF KNOWN, THE RESIDENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FEE WILL BE CITED.
Single Stream Recycling Collection Schedule