In May of 2003, the Veterans Memorial Garden Foundation was formed to oversee the development and construction of a memorial garden. The memorial, which is located at Five Points, pays tribute to deceased township residents who served in the military and emergency services. In addition, engraved bricks dot the path to the memorial and include names and personal messages to the fallen. The formal dedication of the township’s Veterans Memorial Garden took place Sunday afternoon June 13, 2009 under sunny skies, with a host of local officials, veterans groups, families and community members in attendance. Representatives from the Vietnam Veterans of America, Brownie Troop 560, Boy Scout Troop 225, American Legion Post 926, and the Sun Valley High School JRROTC also took active roles in the event. Today the location is host to various veterans and emergency services ceremonies throughout the year and stands as a solemn reminder of the commitment of those local Americans who were willing to serve and protect, some of whom gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Members of the Veteran’s Memorial Gardens Foundation board of directors are appointed by the township Board of Commissioners and serve five-year terms without compensation.
Board meetings are held in the 2nd Floor Township Meeting Room 5021 Pennell Road Aston, Pa. 19014
- Joseph Ahearn ( 1st Ward – Term expires 12/31/2021)
- James Graham ( 2nd Ward – Term expires 12/31/2021)
- Lester Berry ( 3rd Ward – Term expires 12/31/2020)
- Mary Ann Bullen ( 4th Ward – Term expires 12/31/2020)
- Eric Delellis (5th Ward – Term expires 12/19/2020)
- Robert Mullaney ( 6th Ward – Term expires 12/31/2020)
- Wayne Calloway ( 7th Ward – Term expires 12/31/2020)
Agendas & Meeting Minutes
PUBLIC MEETING CALENDAR