Aluminum food and beverage containers
- aluminum soda and beer cans, cat food cans, etc.
Glass food and beverage containers
- Flint (clear)
- Amber (brown)
- Emerald (green)
- soup, coffee cans, empty aerosol cans, etc.
P.E.T. plastic containers with the symbol #1
- no microwave trays
H.D.P.E. natural plastic containers with the symbol #2
- milk jugs and water jugs containers only (narrow neck containers)
H.D.P.E. pigmented plastic containers with the symbol #2
- detergent, shampoo, bleach bottles without caps (narrow neck containers)
LDPE plastic food and beverage containers symbol #4
- butter and margarine tubs
Polypropylene plastic food and beverage containers symbol #5
- yogurt containers
Other plastic food and beverage containers symbol #7
- mixed plastic containers
- Cartons and aseptic packaging
- Juice boxes, gable top milk and juice containers, soup and soy milk cartons
Old Newspaper (ONP)
- Newspaper & inserts are acceptable paper, (place in kraft paper bags)
Old Corrugated Containers (OCC)
- no wax coated. Fiber board (ex. cereal boxes) is acceptable.
- Coated magazines, catalogues and similar printed materials, junk mail, and soft cover books.
Materials Not Accepted:
- No plastic bagging material. (News print can be placed in a Kraft bag)
- Mirrors, window or auto glass, light bulbs, ceramics, any plastic containers with #3 or #6 or no # at all, paint, oil or antifreeze containers, coat hangers, fabrics and clothing, bio-hazardous waste, electronic waste, food waste, or any household items (such as toasters, cooking pots or pans, VHS/VCR tapes, Televisions, etc.)
Hard cover books.