Aston Officer Joshua Micun Recognized for Heroic Actions
By Loretta Rodgers.
Aston Township Police Officer Joshua Micun, during the November 19 board of commissioners meeting, was presented a commendation in recognition of his heroic actions.
Aston Police Chief Dan Ruggieri said at approximately 4 a.m. on the morning of October 4, Micun was off-duty and returning home from his assigned shift. While driving on Dutton Mill road he noticed smoke coming from the direction of Rosalie Lane. Micun turned his personal vehicle around to further investigate the situation, followed the smoke and discovered that it was originating from the 200 block of Norman Street.
He realized the rear of the property at 202 Norman Street was fully engulfed in flames. Micun immediately notified the police dispatcher and knocked on the door of the home in an attempt to awaken the residents. After receiving no answer, he entered the residence and began searching for occupants. He discovered several individuals sleeping in the upstairs bedroom.
By this time the house was completely filled with smoke. Micun managed to escort all of the occupants out of the home prior to the arrival of fire personnel and assisting officers.
Front Page News
The construction of DELCORA's pumping station has been progressing as planned and the transition of treatment service was completed in early November. Click the following link to review a statement from SWDCMA which was delivered with the November bill to [ read more... ]
At the November 19, 2014 Aston Township Commissioner's Meeting the board approved the 2015 Aston Township Preliminary Budget. The format of the proposed budget is a significant departure from prior years budgets in that it provides the 2015 budget in the [ read more... ]
Did you miss the live broadcast of the Aston Township Commissioners meeting on Aston TV? No problem, you may view this and previous BOC meetings online by visiting our video archive or Board of Commissioners page. This meeting will also re-broadcast on Aston [ read more... ]
Come join us for a fun filled evening, presented by Aston Township Parks and Recreation Committee. Carolers - Pictures with Santa - Music - Light Refreshments - Storyteller Granny Annie FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5th, 2014 Aston Township Community Center 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (All children [ read more... ]
Neumann University will host its annual Greccio Live Nativity Celebration on Sunday, December 7. The program, which is free and open to the public, begins at 6:15 p.m. in front of the Mirenda Center for Sport, Spirituality and Character Development [ read more... ]
Miss the live broadcast of the Aston Township Commissioners meeting on Aston TV? Unable to attend this month's meeting? No problem, you may view this and previous BOC meetings online by visiting our video archive or Board of Commissioners page. This meeting will [ read more... ]
By Loretta Rodgers Aston Commissioners, October 15, presented a proclamation to the 2014 9-10 year old Pa. Little League Champion Aston Middletown baseball team in recognition of their achievement. Commissioner Jim McGinn read the proclamation praising the team members and coaches on [ read more... ]
By Loretta Rodgers Commissioners President Jim Stigale, during the October 15 meeting of the board of commissioners, was pleased to accept a check in the amount of $1 million from Kevin Andrews, chief of staff for Pa. State Representative Joe Hackett, [ read more... ]
Aston Township Times
Download Current Edition
Get the latest Township Times news and alerts sent right to your inbox.
- November 23, 2014 9:00 amCraft Show - American Legion Auxiliary 926
- November 29, 2014 9:00 amFlea Market - Post Prom Fundraiser
- December 5, 2014 6:30 pmWinter Fun Festival & Christmas Tree Lighting
- December 7, 2014 6:15 pmGreccio Live Nativity Celebration
- December 11, 2014 9:00 amImmunizations PA-DOH
- December 19, 2014Leaf Collection Begins
- December 31, 2014New Year's Eve
- January 19, 2015Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
- February 14, 2015Valentine's Day
- March 31, 2015Last day for Discount 2015 Real Estate Tax Payment
- November 25, 2014 7:00 pmZoning Hearing Board
- November 26, 2014 7:00 pmPlanning Commission
- December 16, 2014 7:00 pmLibrary Board Meeting
- December 17, 2014 7:00 pmBoard Of Commissioners
- January 13, 2015 7:00 pmLibrary Board Meeting
- January 14, 2015 7:00 pmBoard Of Commissioners
- January 27, 2015 7:00 pmZoning Hearing Board
- January 28, 2015 7:00 pmPlanning Commission
- February 17, 2015 7:00 pmLibrary Board Meeting
- February 18, 2015 7:00 pmBoard Of Commissioners